Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Acts 17-19


November 20

Acts 17-19

Paul was an expert at finding out where a person was spiritually and pointing them to Jesus. Paul wrote to the Corinthians; "To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some." (1 Corinthians 9:20-22, NIV) Paul met a person where they were, he went to their place of comfort and led them to the cross. He did not stay on his turf and call them over, he went to the people and connected with them where they were.

Paul did not run from those of a different faith, he met them where they were. He went to a meeting with the Epicurean and Stoic philosophers and when he stood he complimented them on their religious fervor. Then Paul connected their unknown God with Jesus. He took something they did not understand and used it to reveal Truth.

We do not have to fear sharing our faith. God put a yearning for Him in every human heart. If we will listen to people and hear their hunger, hear their hurts, hear their desires, we can find a point of common ground and point them to Jesus. They will not listen if we shout to them from afar, but if we will come close to them, if we will do whatever it takes to get them to see the truth of the Gospel revealed in our words and in our lives, some will be saved.

No comments: