Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ephesians


December 7

Ephesians

Paul understood the importance of prayer. After talking about the full armor of God, the protection we need as we do spiritual battle in the  midst of life on this earth, he encouraged the church to pray. Prayer is our connection to God. Prayer is our source of strength to empower us to persevere through the challenges of life. Prayer reveals God’s will and direction in our lives.

 

Paul wrote to the Ephesians; "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." (Ephesians 6:18-20, NIV)

This is a reminder that we all need prayer and we need to be praying for our brothers and sisters in Christ. Before we open our mouths, before we teach, before we preach, we need to pray. Paul the bold apostle who took the gospel to the gentiles asked for prayer to declare God’s word without fear. If Paul needed prayer to overcome fear when proclaiming the gospel, we probably all need that kind of prayer.

As you come before God in prayer today, pray for your pastor, for missionaries, for teachers, for yourself as you proclaim the gospel in word and in life. Our power and boldness comes through prayer.  

 

No comments: